Do you play Colorado Lotto? It is a cool game with rolling jackpots where players must match 6 numbers, out of a possible 42, to win the jackpot. Here is an analysis of some fun statistics related to the Colorado Lotto game:
- The game costs $1 to play and draws twice per week, every Wednesday and Saturday.
- The odds of winning the jackpot are 1-in-5,245,786.
- Aside from the jackpot, there are also prizes for matching 3, 4, or 5 numbers.
- The odds of winning any prize are approximately 1-in-35.
- The biggest Colorado Lotto jackpot ever was won in March of 1992 by a woman named Kim Walker. It was worth a total of $27 million.
- A draw in October of 1991 saw a record number of people win the jackpot. A jackpot of $15 million was split amongst 10 winning tickets.
- The average Colorado Lotto jackpot in the year 2009 was $3.6 million.
- In 2009, there were a total of 10 jackpot winners.
- Approximately 50 cents of every dollar spent on the game goes towards the payout of prizes.
- Approximately 36 cents of every dollar spent on the game goes back into the community, benefiting such things as open spaces, parks, trails, and recreation.
- The first ever draw occurred in January of 1989.
- Since its inception, the game has made millionaires of more than 350 residents from the state of Colorado.
As you can see from some the analysis of the statistics, not only is Colorado Lotto a fun and inexpensive game to play which benefits the community, but it can also make you rich, as it already has for hundreds of people.