For Pennsylvania-based players looking for a premium online lottery experience, the PA Lottery deserves their attention – specifically for its famous Powerball draw game.
The following review will provide players with information regarding the PA Lottery and its Powerball game, including how to participate, how to check the PA Lottery Powerball results, how to claim any winnings, and much more!
What is PA Lottery Powerball?
PA Lottery Powerball is a lottery contest considered to be one of the most exciting and easy-to-play games offered in the United States. It differs from other popular PA lottery games like Intant Win, PA Mega Millions and Pick 3 Pick 4.
This classic draw game involves five white balls and one red ball – which is known as the Powerball. The white balls are numbered from 1-69, while the red balls range from 1-26.
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday night, a drawing is held in which six randomly-selected numbers are revealed. Any lucky contestant who happens to have all six numbers on their ticket in the correct order will win the grand prize for that drawing, which typically falls within the $100 million range, on average.
On each drawing night, sales for the PA Lottery Powerball end at 9:59pm ET, meaning any tickets purchased after that point would be in effect for the next drawing. Powerball tickets cost $2 each, both online and in-person.
How to play PA Lottery Powerball
Playing PA Lottery Powerball is extremely easy, even for beginners. Each blank ticket will contain six panels in which players can submit their own numbers. On each slip, you can select five numbers from 1-69 and one number from 1-26, which will serve as your Powerball number. Players can either choose their own preferred numbers or select the quick pick option to get randomly generated numbers by the computer.
Always keep in mind that the Powerball number must be the sixth and final number on the ticket in order for the ticket to be considered a jackpot winner.
In order to get started, players can follow the steps below:
- First off, open up the PA Lottery’s website and complete the registration process if you’ve yet to place any lottery action online.
- Once inside your account, hover over the ‘Play Online’ tab located on the lefthand side of the green menu bar. When the dropdown menu appears, select ‘Buy Draw Games.’
- PA Lottery Powerball will be the first option available on this page. Players can click on the red ‘Buy Now’ icon over the Powerball logo, confirm they are 18+ years old, and proceed to purchase any tickets.
- The Powerball ticket menu will ask a series of questions in which players will need to answer to complete their purchase. Fill out the form below, select your numbers or series of numbers, and submit! At this point, it’s time to cross those fingers and wait for the drawing!
PA Lottery Powerball results
Checking the PA Lottery Powerball results can be done fairly quickly and in several different ways. For starters, you can get the fastest results by watching the Powerball drawing on television. Drawings for Powerball are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday night at 10:59pm. The drawing will air anywhere between 11:00pm and 11:25pm.
Perhaps the most common method of checking your numbers would be heading over to the PA Lottery’s mobile app or website and clicking on ‘Winning Numbers & Jackpots.” On mobile, players can scroll through all of the recent drawings & results. On desktop, players will have the added option to punch in a specific date and view past results.
In addition, you can also subscribe to the Lottery VIP Players Club on the PA Lottery’s website. If you visit the VIP Players Club, you can sign up for text messages and emails to get the Powerball winning numbers sent directly to your mobile phone.
Of course, if all else fails, there’s nothing quite like checking your ticket inside a physical retail location.
PA Lottery Powerball prizes
As mentioned above, players must correctly select all five standard ‘white’ numbers plus the red Powerball in order to win the contest’s grand prize jackpot. And while the chances of doing so are about 1 in 292,201,338, there are plenty of other ways to win.
Players who correctly select all five numbers but whiff on the Powerball will win the Powerball’s secondary prize of $1 million. If a player walks away with four out of five numbers plus the Powerball, they will win $50,000. From here, the drop-off in prize amount is pretty steep, but hey – it’s better than nothing!
Any PA Lottery player who turns in a ticket with four out of five numbers but no Powerball will be entitled to a prize of $100. Furthermore, $100 will also be rewarded to contestants who correctly select three white numbers plus the Powerball.
Three out of five standard numbers selected will net players $7, as will two standard numbers plus the Powerball. The smallest available prize is $4, which will go to any players who correctly chose the Powerball number.
Claiming your PA Lottery Powerball winnings
If you happen to be one of the many lucky contestants to walk away with a prize, you’ll probably want to claim it! We highlight how to do exactly that.
How to withdraw my winnings?
- First off, open the PA Lottery app or website.
- Click on the Login button and enter your credentials. Must be logged in to withdraw.
- Then, go to the My Account section and select Cashier.
- Next, select your preferred withdrawal option. Keep in mind that in most cases, players will need to make a deposit using a specific banking method before any withdrawals can be processed using the same method.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw. Note that you cannot withdraw more than the allowed amount. If any bonus funds are still tied up, they will not be available for withdrawal.
- To finish the procedure, press the Submit button. If approved, your withdrawal should be processed within 3-5 business days.
PA Lottery banking methods
When it comes to making a deposit or withdrawal, the PA Lottery has you covered with an extensive list of options! Players can choose from any of the following banking methods to complete their transactions, each of which is 100% safe and regulated by the state.
PA Lottery deposit options
- ACH eCheck
- Credit or Debit Card (VISA/MasterCard)
- PA Lottery Play+ Card
PA Lottery withdrawal options
Unfortunately for digital gamblers, most apps and websites can only process deposits via certain methods, meaning there aren’t as many options when it comes to making a withdrawal. Furthermore, in order to successfully withdraw using any of these methods, players will need to first make a deposit with them. With that being said, PA Lottery players will have three withdrawal methods at their disposal:
- ACH eCheck
- PayPal ($10,000 withdrawal limit)
- PA Lottery Play+ Card
For ACH eCheck withdrawals, documentation will be required in order to verify the player’s account. For PayPal withdrawals, your PA Lottery account’s email address must match the PayPal account’s email address in order to be approved.
PA Lottery customer service
Those who run into any issues while playing games or banking with the PA Lottery can access a full suite of customer service options on the brand’s app and website. Players can sift through an extensive list of Frequently Asked Questions to find answers and if their issue remains unresolved, they can try any of the following options:
- Phone: 1-833-530-7529
- Email: Available 24/7 at [email protected]
- Live Chat: Available in-app or online
Pennsylvania Powerball FAQs
- 1 What is PA Lottery Powerball?
- 2 How to play PA Lottery Powerball
- 3 PA Lottery Powerball results
- 4 PA Lottery Powerball prizes
- 5 Claiming your PA Lottery Powerball winnings
- 6 PA Lottery banking methods
- 7 PA Lottery customer service
- 8 Pennsylvania Powerball FAQs