Ohio Liquor is cracking open its summer bottle lottery, giving drinkers a chance to purchase hard-to-find bottles of bourbon and whiskey.
Buyers, who must be Ohio residents and 21 or older, can register for the online lottery beginning at 12:01 a.m. Monday through 11:59 p.m. August 29. Bottles range in price from $40 to $150, plus tax. Winners only get to buy one bottle.
Booze NewsOhio’s near real-time inventory makes liquor shopping easy
Up for auction in this lottery are:
- Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel, a bourbon, for sale at $38
- Weller 12, a wheated bourbon whiskey, for sale at $40
- Weller Single Barrel, a bourbon, for sale at $60
- E.H. Taylor Jr. Warehouse C, a 10-year-old bourbon, for sale at $70
- Blanton’s Straight from the Barrel, a cask strength bourbon, for sale at $150
Bottle lotteries are held to give people a chance to buy hard-to-find liquor. It’s free to enter and winners are picked through a randomized drawing. Notification is via email.
Last year, liquor sales in Ohio topped $1.7 billion, up from $976 million five years ago.