LANSING, MI – Three players won at least $1 million and a player from Michigan came close to winning the grand prize, but there was no winner of the $273 million Mega Millions jackpot for the drawing held on Friday, June 17.
That means the drawing on Tuesday, June 21 will be worth $290 million with a cash option of $162.3 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for June 17: 20-36-53-56-69
The Gold Mega Ball: 16
The Megaplier: 2
Mega Millions winners for June 17:
· While there was no grand prize winner, three players matched all five white balls to win $1 million in the drawing. Those tickets were sold in California, Florida and Texas.
· The players in Florida and Texas also played the Megaplier option, which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, one ticket sold matched four white balls and the Mega Ball to win $10,000. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 244,181 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 11,108 tickets sold won at least $4.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega Ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Saturday, June 18 with an estimated jackpot of $279 million and a cash option of $159.4 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, June 18 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.85 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Saturday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $577,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Warren last year went unclaimed. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.